Buy Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Red Boy XL by Mondo Pennsylvania
Buy Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Red Boy XL by Mondo Pennsylvania, the Redboy is a mysterius mushroom strain. That has red spores and can grow very large. Read this interesting comment on the strain by a famous shroomry user: ” Click To Order
Monokaryotic Puerto Rico mycelium was allowed to crawl over the non-germinating original 20 year old redboy spores in a petri dish, resulting in a 50/50 cross between the redboy spores and the PR mycelium, without the original spores ever germinating, which they were no longer capable of after 20 years.
Rattlesnake venom was added to the agar after cooling to weaken both the cell walls of the spores, and the cell walls of the mycelium, allowing the nucleus from each to exchange genetic information between them. The experiment was duplicated with the offspring, resulting in a 75% pure strain, which was then released to the public.”
Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Mondo® Red Boy XL magic mushroom grow kits. The Red Boy XL grow kit is now even better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Mondo®XL magic mushroom grow kit, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Mondo® Red Boy XL magic mushroom grow kit is slightly different than the grow kits you may have used before. These are mainly ‘under the hood’ differences and are not easily seen.
Just like the previous and other easy mushoom grow kits, you do not need to use additional spores. During the laboratory process, the spores have developed in mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks after productiondate. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x large grow bag – The bag has micron filters to keep contaminants out
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend to use
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Mondo® ‘Red Boy’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Mondo® ‘Red Boy’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let is soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the large grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid, and store it in the ziplock bag for later use. Place the ziplockbag with the lid back in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of large grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Mondo® ‘Red Boy’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Mondo® ‘Red Boy’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziplock with lid.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. To keep the temperature from dropping under the 18°C, you can use a thermo mat to maintain the ideal temperature. A thermo mat is a must-have in the winter or colder regions of the world.
The Mondo® ‘Red Boy’ XL magic mushroom grow kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
Water / Misting
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip.
Do not spray directly on the cake, but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms. Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow.
Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger. Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go. Do not pull out the mushrooms.
This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.